A list of dates for all our forthcoming networking events. Please click on the event for further information.
- October: Thursday 8th, Virtual Networking Event, 9.45am - 12.00 noon
Time - Registration 9.45am for a prompt 10.00am start
Presenter - Glenn Cameron from ActionCOACH
Topic - 8 Steps For Turning Your Service Into A Product
About Our Virtual Networking Event:
Our Virtual Networking Event will be hosted using Zoom. All attendees will receive a link after payment has been made via your booking confirmation to access the event on the day. The event will begin at 9.45am for a 10.00am start with an optional 30 minute business seminar (see details below). After the seminar and everyone has arrived there, will be an introduction by Business Network Birmingham host, Simon Coy, before everyone will go to their separate virtual "Tables" for introductions and a round table conversation. As always the "Tables" will be planned in advance. This will be followed by our 10 minute speaker and finally a series of pre-arranged member offers / announcements before we close the meeting at 12 noon. You won't need to rush away as the room will remain open for networking.
Service companies have been among the worst hit by this pandemic. Consumers and businesses have drastically cut their expenditures on services to conserve cash and avoid human contact. However, we're still buying products that meet an immediate need:
- Instead of buying open-ended consulting services, we're buying specific online training products (contributing to the rise of Zoom shares, which have doubled since January)
- Instead of hiring personal training services, we're buying products that allow us to stay fit at home (in March, Italians bought 236% more home gym equipment from Amazon than they did during the same period last year)
- Instead of enjoying a fantastic dining experience, we're buying alcohol to take the edge off (the sale of spirits, like Vodka, are up 75% from the same period last year)
To capitalise on this flight to purchase products that meet an immediate need, service providers need to "productise their service," which is the topic of this month's seminar where you will:
- Discover 3 reasons service companies are getting hit hard now
- Learn the surprising secret Harvard Professor Theodore Levitt taught his students about why we buy
- See how 9 service businesses transformed themselves into product companies
- Get the 8-step formula for productizing your service
About The Presenter:
Glenn Cameron is senior partner at ActionCOACH Birmingham. As an entrepreneur successfully building and selling businesses for millions, Glenn is now focused on enabling enterprises to scale-up to the next level through either proven and structured coaching programmes to get the best performance from the people in a business, or placing an advisor with relevant capability and experience.
- November: Thursday 5th, Novotel Birmingham Centre, 12.00 noon - 2.00pm
- December: Thursday 3rd, Novotel Birmingham Centre, 12.00 noon - 2.00pm
- January: Thursday 21st, Novotel Birmingham Centre, 12.00 noon - 2.00pm
- February: Thursday 11th, Novotel Birmingham Centre, 12.00 noon - 2.00pm
Photographs by Shoot Me Studios
Come and join us at
OUR NEXT EVENT
Thursday 8th October
Virtual Networking Event, 9.45am - 12.00 noon
What members and guests say
"Having heard stories of how these events are run I went in with high expectations, but my experience far exceeded what I had imagined. From initial greeting to final farewell the event continued to surprise me. There is a wide variety of business sectors to talk to. "
RagTag Developments Ltd
"I joined The Business Network Manchester over a year ago and took the time to get to know the network Members there. After about 5 months we won our first contract, and since then we?ve generated a constant flow of referrals and met many new decision makers and business contacts. It?'s not just been the attendees that we?'ve worked with, they have suggested our services to their contacts, so it's networking in the real sense of the word. "
Straightahead UK Ltd